In hybrid sustainable energy conversion systems, multi-input boost converters (MIBC) became widely used to enhance the stability and reliability. However, conventional boost converters have difficulties of low efficiency, implementation size and cost
- To improve these drawbacks, this work proposes a novel modularized multi-input bridgeless boost converter (MIBBC) that interfaces the hybrid AC/DC power sources to DC microgrid.
- The main advantages for proposed topology are:
- Higher efficiencyReduced size and weight
- Unity power factor operation
- Adjustment of DC-bus voltage
- MIBBC topology is experimentally validated with results obtained from 72-kW prototype that has been built and tested based on TMS320F28335 DSP.
- The guiding equations of the proposed system control strategies are:
- Wind Generator Performance:
- DC Reference Step Change Test:
*Parallel Operation Test *Parametric Variation
*Efficiency Comparision *Generator PF
- The MIBBC has been investigated and experimental results verified:
- Higher efficiency (97.8%)
- Larger output power density
- Unity power factor operation (0.998)
- Less cost (modularity)
- Comprehensive design (4-ports)
- The test results have demonstrated the proposed system effectiveness for a wide power range.