Mrs. Dora Hernandez announced that she will be retiring July 1 closing twenty five years of service as a Graduate Program Assistant in College of Engineering and Computing at Florida International University. Mrs. Dora Hernandez has helped us with many of the successful national and international conferences organized by Professor Mohammed in addition to several other professional and community events throughout the years.
Dora has tremendously helped the Energy Systems Research Laboratory director in organizing several major national and international conferences since 1993. Mrs. Hernandez was responsible for the secretariat and event planning for the following conferences:
- The International Conference on the Computation of Electromagnetic Field COMPUMAG 1993 which was held in Miami, Florida, October 31-November 4, 1993.
- The IEEE Region 3 Southeast Conference which was held in Miami, Florida, April 10-13, 1994.
- The IEEE 1996 International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Applications to Power Systems (ISAP) which was held in Orlando, Florida, January 28-February 3, 1996
- The 2000 9th Biennial IEEE Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC 2000) which was held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, June 4-7, 2000
- IEEE the 2004 IEEE Nanoscale Devices and System Integration (NDSI) held in Miami, FL February 2004, Miami, Florida, February 15-19, 2004.
- The 22nd Annual Review of Progress in Applied Computational Electromagnmetics (ACES 2006) which was held in Miami, Florida, March 12-16, 2006
- The 12th Biennial IEEE Conference of Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC 2006) held in Miami, Florida, USA, April 30th – May 3rd, 2006.
- The 2009 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC 2009) held in Miami, Florida, USA.
- CEFC 2010 The 14th Biennial IEEE Conference of Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC 2010) held in Chicago, IL, USA, May 9th-12th, 2010.
Additionally Dora has helped us organizing the National Engineers Week Future City Competition for the past 12 years in addition to numerous IEEE technical and social meetings and community events. Finally she was instrumental in the whole College of Engineering and Computing at FIU in organizing most of the college’s events including the order of the engineer and graduation ceremonies.
Although Mrs. Dora Hernandez will leave the job but she will always be remembered for her hard work, dedication and knowledge which were an integral part of success of our professional activities. She will certainly be a hard act to follow. We at Energy Systems Research Laboratory group would like to thank you for all your help and effort in bringing success to Energy Systems Research Laboratory and College of Engineering & Computing.
We wish you best of luck for all your future endeavors.
See the photos of a luncheon organized in her honor on Thursday June 2, 2011. Other Photos.